Top Reasons for Home or Business Locks Change
Posted on May 18, 2016
Top Reasons for Home Locks or Business Locks Change
Changing the locks for your business or home should be as important as any other maintenance job you carry out for home or business. The importance of quality locks in safeguarding our valuables and lives doesn’t need to be overemphasized. If you run a business, you definitely know you should have good locks to keep your files and other business information safe.
Outlined below are top reasons for home or business locks change.
- Losing your keys: If you happen to lose your home keys, the first thing you need to do is have the locks changed. Regardless of whether you later found the keys or not, you need to change your locks because you don’t know who had access to the keys while you were looking for them and whether they keys were copied. So, you need to change the locks to be on the safe side.
- Moving into a new home or new office building: You will want to get a new set of keys when you move into a new home or office. This is important because you don’t know how many of the keys the previous occupants gave out. You need to change all the locks to the new home or office, as it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- When you ask neighbours to check on the house: If you asked your neighbours to check up on your house occasionally when you’re away, then you will need to change the locks when you come back. Even though, you might trust the person you gave your keys to, you don’t if someone else with ill-intent had access to the keys.
- When you don’t get your keys back from the service people: If you needed some repairs done in your home and had to give out your spare keys to the service people, you will need to change the locks afterwards because you can never be too sure who had access to the keys.
- When you don’t get your keys back from discharged employees: Just like the above, if you don’t get your facility keys back from discharged employees, then you might want to change the locks where those employees previously had access to.
- Old and difficult locks: It’s time to replace your locks if they are old and are becoming quite difficult to function properly. You don’t want to run the risk of being locked out when get home very late one day, so change the locks.
- Break-in or Attempted break-in: When you have had a break-in or a break-in attempt, then you will want to change all the locks in your home or facility to improve the building’s overall security.
Change Your Locks To Increase Your Security!
These are just some of the top reasons for business or home locks change. However, it’s still a good idea to consider changing your locks every few years. If not for any other reason, then for the fact that technology changes with time and the high secured lock you know today might not be as secure in the coming years.
Phoenix Locksmith 24 offer full range of locksmith service for residential and commercial customers in Phoenix AZ, our Phoenix locksmith services available 24/7. Feel free to give us a call with any question or request.